Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I've Been Coke Free For A Year



Let's not get carried away here. It's been Diet Coke.

One year ago I was at the Chicago Auto Show and could not find a Diet Coke anywhere. Rather then lower myself to drink a Diet Pepsi, I just went without. This stubborn streak of mine continued on for two whole days.

Two days became 365 days this week. While I have most certainly run across Diet Coke during this time, I have not had one. It was amazingly easy to give it up acutally. I was a heavy Diet Coke drinker, consuming 2-3 cans a day. I gave up the beverage and replaced it with water for the most part. An extremely healty thing to do for someone who is not prone to extremely healthy behaviors at times. Can you say "Taco Tuesday!"?

In the end I think this was more a test of my will. And I'm happy to say that I passed. However, I still have my vices.

Don't think of getting near my chocolate and peanut butter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats weak! All you did was put water in the place of water + something that causes cancer in mice.

Besides coke is where its at. Diet Coke tastes like a hairy ass in the desert.

Give up something like steak and then I'll be impressed