Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Bikes 'R Us


Los Angeles county has a bike trail that will take you from Malibu to Palos Verdes Estates. While I've never taken the trail to Malibu, I have taken it to a few bars on the beach and to work. Yes, I've taken my bike to work. I was more into it last year during the winter when it was cooler, and I started riding yesterday to my office.

It's about 24 miles round trip from home to office. It's pretty much flat but still requires some effort. Having an office and a home close to the beach is something that doesn't happen too often. I'd like to say something profound about how tranquil and beautiful the beach is, but it's all been done. I can't take a picture that captures the view I see from my bike.

Early mornings I rise about 5:00 am while it's dark and hit the bike trail by about 5:30. Most everyone sees the beach and the ocean during the day. I feel so fortunate I have a chance to see the moonlight reflect on the water. There are a few fellow bikers on this beach highway and we go silently about our way.

No comments: