Sunday, July 01, 2007

Totally 80's Road Trip


Time for a road trip. It's summer time and it's done nothing but rain here most everyday for the past few months. So it's time to hit the road for a some better weather. My mom says it's so dry back east the pond has dried up. So home it is!

So what to drive? It is the 20th anniversary of my high school graduation, so let's go back to the days of Duran Duran and see what I can come up with...

It's clearly the quintessential coupe of that time. Often called the "private jet" of the road and the latest addition to my fleet, a 1988 BMW 635CSi. I found it on e-bay and it's in mint condition. It's spent 17 years with it's last owner and I'm now going to be the steward for this classic vehicle. As the vehicle is in New Jersey, I'm headed to Philadelphia to see my sister Jennifer and then on to New Jersey to pick it up. Many thanks to my friends who are housesitting for me.

Continuing with the theme of this trip, I'm mixing an 80's playlist for my iPod. Somehow I can't locate a Member's Only jacket though...

Stay tuned for updates and some fun old pictures of the 80's of my friends and family, then and now. Click on the above picture to expand it along with the other old pictures I've had to scan in. Some of you I'll see in person along the way.

I'm taking this road trip to the max.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When were you not cute?!