Thursday, July 05, 2007

Planes, Trains and Automobiles




It's been a long day but it's now mine.

It's great to pop in and see my family, but the chance to pick up a new set of wheels at the same time makes it all the better. This morning's travels started at 30th Street Station in Philadelphia and ended this evening in Liverpool, NY at my older sister's home. Along the way I had a nice four hour drive in my new car.

It's easy and it's not easy to get around the northeast corrider by train. To arrive at Morristown, NJ from Philly, I had to go to NYC and change trains at Penn Station. All tolled there was about a good three hours of train travel that looked like 45 minutes as the crowflies. But it was fast and efficient as train service in the northeast generally is. I've always been a fan to taking the train as you get to look out the window and see things without having the responsibility of driving.

But drive I did. Nancy was great and met me right at the train station and took me to my car. She was so gracious she even made me stop at a Dunkin Donuts before I left on my journey to use a restroom as there would be no rest stops for quite a while. What a great host. The car looks wonderful, but more about it later on.

It's been an intersesting 48 hours but altogether seemless traveling. The planes and trains were on time. The car was ready to be picked up and it's a sweet ride. I'm going to get a ticket on this trip for sure. But I'm well overdue as I have not had one in years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, where are the pictures of the new car!? You must still be on the road. :-)