Monday, March 12, 2007

Same Old Lines



Some people dread overcast days. For anyone who has to wax a car, particularly a black one, we find these days very welcome. Mother Nature obliged this weekend and provided me such a gift.

The Mustang is back, what we thought was a engine rebuild turned out to be an airflow sensor. I was so happy I had to pull her out of the garage and wax the 'stang up.

It dawned on me I have been waxing the same car for about 26 years now. I've only owned this Mustang for about 2 years, but my Mom's first Fox body Mustang came to the Jordan's in about 1982ish I think. It was a white hatchback with red interior and the straight 3.3L six. She still has a Mustang today, red thank you.

Ford introduced the Fox Mustang in the fall of 1978 and it lasted until Spring of 1993. That's a 14 year run with the same body panels. The front and rear fascias had changed during that time, but the lines of the car remained the same. That's a hard run to beat these days.

So here's ole familiar, all shined up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hum... only if you were close... you could wax my Escape... but instead I have to pay the man at The Hermosa Beach Car Wash.

Anonymous said...

Your mom must be a Foxie lady!

Unknown said...

Yay! Great to see the Mighty Orca next to the Giant Tadpole! (and I'll verify your Mom bein foxie! I just hope she doesnt drive like you!) :)