Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I'll Fix You


Hiding under my desk doesn't help. You're a black dog on white carpet.

Tomorrow Baxter is being neutered. He has his appointment at the Austin Animal Trustees at 7:30 AM. If you adopt a dog at the Town Lake Animal Shelter by law you must fix the dog within 30 days. While not one to break the law (usually), it's just the right thing to do.

On occasion I run into people who don't fix their dogs and question why I would do so. For me it's pretty simple. Out in the wild the process of natural selection and the food chain takes care of overpopulation. Dogs are now domesticated animals, they are kept in the house/yard and sleep in your room. Hardly the call of the wild.

Every year thousands of unwanted dogs are euthanized. While not entirely preventable, it can be better managed. Spay or neuter your pet if you don't plan on breeding it. You and your pet will be much happier.

Only $30.00 at Austin Animal Trustees. The price is right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. they should require some people to get neutered too.

arash said...

To show baxter your love, and as a bonding experience, why don't you go in for the procedure too? $30 ain't too bad. In fact I'll pay. Better yet, why don't you check craigslist, I'm sure you can find a better deal.