Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow Daze



I didn't sign up for this. I'm farther south then Los Angeles and it's snowing and icing.

Ok, I've been in the house for three days now. Mustang's weren't made for ice and snow. My driveway is covered in ice and I'd never make it up into the garage again. Cabin fever is setting in, but thankfully my friends Toby and Mike rescued me and took me to dinner. Most of Austin is shut down, but for a Chili's. I've never been so thankful for chain food and good company.

So here's the downside of tellecommuting. Most everyone had the day off, but my upstairs hallway is thankfully ice free so I made it to the office today. All the neighbors were out playing with their kids in the snow and I had to do my homework.

Of all the days in the year for the world to come to an end in Austin, my parents happen to be flying in today. Well sort of flying in. They made it as far as Houston and tomorrow I'm headed there to pick them up. NOT in the Mustang, but a soon to be determined rental car.

Keep your fingers crossed that tomorrow's posting does not feature bent sheetmetal.

No comments: